Coal Bed Methane
Coal bed methane (CBM) is a greenhouse gas trapped in underground coal seams and extracted for various domestic, commercial and industrial usages. It is also especially useful for gas-fired electric generation. CBM is considered to be the most potential source of clean energy. Its recovery process requires drilling boreholes into a coal deposit and dewatering (pumping out the ground water); so that the gas is released from the coal matrix. In this process it diffuses through the coal bed's cleats and fractures towards the well bore. Shallow wells are drilled (less than 1,500 mt) to test coal seams. Attaining a higher recoverability rate is now possible due to technology evolution. High permeability, thick seams and high gas content are some of the crucial factors which are taken into account to evaluate the commercial viability of CBM projects. Retrieving trapped methane also helps minimise mining hazards and environmental impact.
CBM Services Portfolio
- Our company offers a full range of consultation services for CBM prospecting and production.
- We are the only integrated CBM services provider in India and have already under final stage discussion with several companies for EPC CBM projects worldwide.
- The company was awarded the prestigious ONGC project for exploration and development of coal bed methane (CBM) in the state of Jharkhand. Shiv-vani also bagged a contract from ESSAR for deploying 5/7 drilling rigs in CBM Project in RANIGANJ.
- We also publish various technical papers and articles on coalbed methane development.
- We do reservoir analysis, horizontal and directional drilling, well testing, fracture treatment designing and reservoir simulation to production forecast, optimisation and economic evaluation.
- Our comprehensive range of integrated CBM services will help identifying the methane potentials, locate the best CBM reservoirs and optimise the CBM production of new and existing wells.
- Our multidisciplinary team leverages extensive geo-science and engineering experience to generate a comprehensive exploration & development model.
- We study a coal basin's geologic and hydrologic characteristics, as well as field area particulars.
- Our company keeps in view existing performances and previous records of mining, drilling, completion and operations. Our experts then integrate the well performance data with regional findings to define productive areas and forecast the potentials of CBM reservoirs.
- We employ highly sophisticated and advanced simulators for best-possible production & recovery of methane from coal seam reservoirs.
- Our capabilities to engage in a whole range of crucial activities, such as horizontal directional drilling including fishbone profile, help to ensure you significant increase in flow rates and optimised CBM production.
- We are the first upstream services provider to introduce in-seam directional drilling for the CBM segment in India.
What we offer
- Basin assessment and fairway delineation
- Exploration target selection
- Resource mapping and assessment
- Prospect evaluation
- Underbalance Air & Foam Drilling Operations
- Well completions with ESPs, SRPs and Hydro Fracturing.
- Well testing and production forecasting
- Fracture treatment design and optimisation
- Coal bed reservoir simulation
- Reservoir determination and economic evaluation
- Mentoring and technology transfer
- EPC and operations of Pipelines and GGS.